Psychology for Interactive Design
Practical ▪ Scientific ▪ Easy
If you’re looking to design more engaging technologies and want quick results, then this workshop is for you.
Over two days, you’ll learn the key principles of online behavior change psychology, through clear visual examples and hands-on exercises, designed to reinforce your understanding and help you develop new skills.
With a blend of scientific principles, concrete examples, and practical exercises, you will get on the fast-track toward designing influential technologies.
Skills and knowledge you’ll gain
By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
During the workshop, we will cover these modules:
- Motivational psychology & digital media
- Setting realistic expectations for online influence
- Science of persuasive psychology & optimization (made easy)
- Auditing psychological architectures
- The Persuasive Design Toolkit
- Building emotional relations with digital media, technology & brands
- Source credibility & trust
- Core elements of a motivating message
- Audience factors that make or break influence
- How different media control persuasive design options
- Boosting impacts with style: simplicity, structure, framing, design & more
- Capturing user feedback, through sensors, research, APIs & more
- Psychological opportunities that depend on user feedback
- Social psychology & environmental factors
- Networks, influencers & viral diffusion
- Exercise: Identifying psychological ingredients
- Psychological architectures: gamification, landing pages, selling & more
- Prototyping tools for campaigns & desktop/mobile engagement
- Exercise: Building desktop/mobile applications that convert
- Optimization psychology & iterative improvement
Hard science made easy and practical
Although this is a science-based workshop, we’ve tailored the content to the needs of working professionals who need to know what works. In this workshop, Brian has removed the hard science, and presents the content at a conceptual level, with case studies, examples, and practical exercises.
Obtain exclusive resources
All participants receive copy of our exclusive evidence-based design resources and learning materials, including:
Who this workshop is for
This workshop is for digital professionals who want guidance on science-based design and industry best practices. It’s ideally suited to:
This is an intermediate level workshop. Participants must possess an understanding of interactive media and should have experience in either interactive design, user interface design, online communications, digital marketing or advertising.
The curriculum is relevant to persons working across a range of sectors, including:
Your certificate of completion
After completing all modules in the curriculum over the two days, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Brian Cugelman, PhD (your instructor)
Have a question? Check out our FAQ or give me a shout.
I’m happy to help out.
Let me tell you a bit about myself and the roots of this workshop, to help you better judge if it’s right for you, or someone you know.
The science behind this workshop started during my Doctorate, when I developed most comprehensive and simple persuasive psychology system, and integrated it into a communication model that makes it easy to build persuasive websites, mobile apps, and online marketing campaigns.
However, I went a step further in my Doctorate, and used a statistical technique called meta-analysis to reverse-engineer the psychological components used in online technologies that have been scientifically proven to influence how people think and behave. After graduating, I published my findings in the world’s top scientific journal in my field, JMIR.
Around this time, I received quite a lot of interest in my research, which included numerous invitations to lecture at Universities, educate companies, and even the Pentagon asked me to run a special educational session for them.
In response, I started adapting my Persuasive Communication Model into the most comprehensive and simple workshop on the science of online behavior change. My goal was simple: to translate complex scientific knowledge into useful guidelines. Having trained hundreds of organizations over several years, I’ve developed many innovative teaching methods that help participants gain the most skill, in the least time.
If you have any questions about the workshop, or you’re interested in corporate training, get in touch. I look forward to speaking.