I’m seeking examples of cryptocurrency websites/apps that allow users to conduct financial suicide or fail to properly warn users before they experience a guaranteed financial loss.
- Not alerting users before they do something that could cause a financial loss
- Not warnings users when the next button click produces a 100% guaranteed financial loss
- Warning messages that are too small, greyed out, or not even shown
- Presenting misleading financial figures that cause users to exercise poor judgement
- Hiding service fees and transaction costs
- Misrepresenting high-risk transactions as safe and guaranteed
- Anything that fails to protect users or act in their interest
I’m not looking for scams, just the most dangerous legitimate crypto or financial products.
I’ll use the examples in a publication on how UX designers should warn users before they complete transactions that will produce a 100% guaranteed financial loss.
Grateful if you could share the app name, url or plugin, and where to find the dangerous design pattern.
Share your examples here:
If you have any questions, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.