Emotional Design Psychology & Neuroscience [EDP]
2-Day Design Psychology & Neuroscience
Master emotional design
Discover how to build emotionally intelligent websites, apps, content and campaigns based on psychology and neuroscience.
This class will transform your understanding of what emotions are, how they work and what shapes user decision-making and behavior.
The practical skills in this class focus on using emotional design strategies to fine-tuning your digital creative.
This workshop is for intermediate-to-advanced digital-media practitioners who are looking for deeper insight into the factors that shape user and consumer behavior.
We usually recommend taking DBC before this class, so check our course-selection advice on this course.
Skills and knowledge you’ll gain
By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
Over 2 days, we’ll cover:
- Intro to emotional design
- Emotional drivers of online behavior
- The Emotion–Behavior Model
- Sense perception and digital triggers
- Mapping the full spectrum of emotions
- The emotional quadrants that motivate behavior
- How to measure emotional reactions to design
- Shaping user habits with incentive systems
- Reducing emotional, cognitive and physical barriers
- Reverse-engineering emotional strategies
- Emotion-driven wireframing
- Designing for different personalities
- Relating to computers and conversational AI bots
- Defense mechanisms against manipulation
- Emotional design strategies for behavior change
- Neurotransmitters, core emotions and interactive design
- Shaping behavior and engineering empathetic content
- External conversion metrics vs. your internal compass
|Duration||2 days||On-demand with 2-weeks LIVE-tutorials|
9:00–17:00 with 1 hour lunch and two 15 min breaks
Self-paced, but consider completing 5 hours of video per week during the LIVE term (yes, it’s a pressure tactic to keep you on track)
13 hours, based on 6.5 hours of instruction per day
13 hours based on 10 hours of video with two 1.5 hour live tutorials
The workshop runs 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (but please arrive by 8:50 as we start at 9:00 sharp). There is a 15-minute break in the morning, an hour for lunch, and another 15-minute break in the afternoon.
We’ll provide all the training materials, so you’ll only need to bring a pen, some paper, and, if you’d like to participate in our live polling, bring a smartphone or tablet.
We’ll grant you immediate access to the videos as soon as you register, plus access to the waiting room for the upcoming LIVE tutorials.
You’ll have access to the lessons, and then we’ll start the behavioral design process during the LIVE training term.
Classroom training kit
- Training guide
- Reference manual
- Behavioral design templates
- Wireframe kit
Online training resources
- On-demand video lessons
- LIVE tutorial recordings
- Wireframe kit (mini)
- Behavioral design workbook
- Closed community
Ensure this workshop is right for you
If you’re interested in gaining a deep understanding of emotions and how they shape user behavior, then this workshop is for you.
You can take this class alone or as the complement to DBC, as they draw on different approaches to behavior change and focus on different hands-on skills.
The goal of this workshop is to deepen your understanding of what shapes user behavior from within, rather than using external behavior change techniques, which is what we cover in DBC.
For this reason, we do not recommend this workshop for beginners or people who are interested in learning foundational digital psychology. These groups will benefit more by taking DBC first.
After completing all modules, covering 13 hours of instruction over 2 days in class, or 2 weeks online, you will receive a certificate of completion.
If you wish to take the optional certification test to earn a “Emotional Design Psychology Certificate (EDPC)“, this will also put you on track to earn the “Digital Behavioral Design Certificate (DBDC)”.
Learn about your certification options.
Who this course is for
This class is suitable for:
- Usability and UI/UX professionals
- Graphic designers and interactive designers
- Digital marketing and advertising specialists
- Content strategists and web writers
- Product marketing managers
- Digital project managers
- Health promotion specialists
- Conversion optimizers & researchers
Industries that will benefit
Our training attracts an eclectic blend of professionals from:
- Technology firms, cloud services
- Digital agencies, creative firms
- Non-profit organizations
- Government, health sector
- Retail businesses, consulting services
- Financial services, insurance
- Media, gaming, entertainment
- Telecommunications, infrastructure
- Small businesses, freelancers, students
- Academia, behavioral science, psychology
How students describe our training
Brian’s workshop was great! Very informative and I look forward to any other workshops that will be coming up.
Excellent content. Applicable everywhere. Thank you.
Great workshop! … We will start implementing some of the ideas in our projects.
Meet your instructor
Brian Cugelman, PhD
With an extensive career running online projects and studies for industry, non-profit organizations, governments and the United Nations, Dr. Brian Cugelman has been working as an online behavior change specialist since 1997.
SAVE 25% by 31 Jan 2020 - Super Early Bird Deadline
SAVE 10–15% with promo codes
We offer promo codes for academics (10%), non-profits (10%), students (15%) and groups of 3 or more (15%). Yes, you can add promo codes to the early bird rates. To claim your promo code, email [email protected]
Have any questions?
Email: [email protected]
Call: +1 (888) 977-2055
The green registration buttons take you to Eventbrite, where you can order your ticket. After registering, you’ll receive your ticket and all the logistical details.
When you register for e-learning, you’ll be taken to our educational portal to obtain your courses.
Sold-out classes and waitlists
Our classroom courses sometimes sell out. If you can’t get tickets because of a sellout, join the Eventbrite waitlist.
Classroom Satisfaction Guarantee
We’re so confident you’ll love our classroom training that we offer a 100% refund to anyone who wishes to withdraw. To qualify, simply return all your training materials and notify your instructor by the start of lunch on the first day. That’s pretty much it.
Online Satisfaction Guarantee
We’re sure you’ll get a lot out of our online training. But to ensure you’re confident, we offer a 48-hour window for you to receive a 100% refund if our online training does not meet your expectations.
We’re proud to attract students from big name companies.
But we’re prouder to help countless students, beginners, and pros from all over.
Terms, and conditions
All our workshops are subject to AlterSpark’s Guarantees, Terms and Conditions. Please ensure that you read these before signing up.