Psychological Architectures of Digital Behavior Change [DBC2]
1-Day Advanced Architectures Workshop (2 of 2)
Learn how to build psychological design patterns and strategies
This advanced workshop builds on our foundational workshop [DBC1]. You’ll learn how to combine individual principles of psychology into larger psychological design patterns for websites, apps, wearables, and multi-channel online marketing automation campaigns.
You’ll discover how to combine psychology for greater impact, how to avoid combinations that backfire, and gain experience wireframing based on “psychological architectures,” the unique psychological design patterns that drive landing pages, gamification, habit loops, stages of change, marketing engagement sequences, and more.
You’ll also learn 10 new principles of feedback psychology and gain experience in journey mapping while using psychology as the basis for digital engagement sequences and creative content.
This workshop is only available to people who have completed DBC1 or who are taking workshops DBC1+DBC2 together.
Skills and knowledge you’ll gain
By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Start your next project with proven design patterns
- Translate psychological architectures into wireframes
- Design technologies to shape users’ beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors
- Combine psychological principles that are more effective together
- Identify psychological principles that are useless in isolation
- Avoid risky psychological principles that typically backfire
- Understand how personalization and tailoring systems work
- Differentiate between psychological models that work and misleading claims
- Build psychology-driven user journeys and conversion funnels
- Build various types of content for multi-channel engagement sequences
During the day, we cover these modules:
- How to combine psychological principles
- Building psychological architectures
- Landing page psychology
- Motivation and efficacy design patterns
- Solo and social selling patterns
- Ways of capturing user feedback
- Feedback-based psychological principles
- Goals, feedback, coaching, and gamification
- Reinforcing and shaping user behavior
- Audience journey mapping and funnel design
- Building multi-channel engagement sequences
Join 1,600+ pros from:
Design psychology…made easy and useful
What you learn is all based on science, but we’ve tailored the content to working professionals who need to know what works. Brian has removed the hard science and presents the content at a conceptual level, using case studies, examples, and practical exercises that are accessible and enable easy pick-up, learning, and knowledge retention.
Obtain exclusive resources
Your training kit includes our proprietary design resources that will help you use psychology to build new technologies, audit your existing products, and reverse-engineer what drives success in your industry. You’ll receive:
- Training Guide
- Reference Manual
- Oversized Wireframes
- Oversized Screen Shots
Who this workshop is for
This workshop is for digital professionals who want guidance on science-based design and industry-best practices. It’s ideally suited to:
- Usability and UI/UX professionals
- Graphic designers and interactive designers
- Digital marketing and advertising specialists
- Content strategists and web writers
- Product marketing managers
- Digital project managers
- Health promotion specialists
- Conversion optimizers & researchers
The professionals you’ll meet at our workshop
Our training attracts an eclectic blend of professionals from a wide range of sectors. We’ve designed the content to be relevant to those working across a broad range of organizations, including:
- Technology firms, Cloud services
- Digital agencies, Creative firms
- Non-profit organizations
- Government, Health sector
- Retail businesses, Consulting services
- Financial services, Insurance
- Media, Gaming, Entertainment
- Telecommunications, Infrastructure
- Small businesses, Freelancers, Students
- Academia, Behavioral science, Psychology
This advanced workshop is open to those who have completed our DBC1 workshop or who are taking DBC1 and DBC2 together. Other qualifying prerequisite courses include our older foundation workshops, including our 1- or 2-day workshops on Persuasive Psychology for Interactive Design, Psychology for Digital Behavior Change, or any of our health behavior change workshops, or foundation corporate workshops.
Timing and logistics
The workshop runs 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (but please arrive by 8:50 as we start at 9:00 sharp). There is a 15-minute break in the morning, an hour for lunch, and another 15-minute break in the afternoon.
We’ll provide all the training materials, so you’ll only need to bring a pen, some paper, and, if you’d like to participate in our live polling, bring a smartphone or tablet. We’ll provide Wi-Fi.
Meet your instructor
Brian Cugelman, PhD
With an extensive career running online projects and studies for industry, non-profit organizations, governments, and the United Nations, Dr. Brian Cugelman has been working as an online behavior change specialist since 1997.
Super Early Bird Deadline - SAVE 25% by 23 Aug 2019
To see our training packages, early bird rates, and group promotions, visit our tuition fee page.
Get this course for only $266.3/day on a 3-day Foundations Package or $249.8/day on a 5-day Complete Package.
Registration in Eventbrite
The green registration buttons take you to Eventbrite, where you can order your ticket. After registering, you'll receive your ticket and all the logistical details.
Registration for e-learning
When you register for e-learning, you'll be taken to our educational portal, to obtain your courses.
Waitlist for sold-out classes
If you can't order tickets because the workshop has sold-out, join the waitlist in Eventbrite. We have a flexible cancellation policy, so there's always a chance that space will open up.
Have any questions?
Call: +1 (888) 977-2055